Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Stoked on surfing in Ucluelet


Welcome to my brand new blog - surfergrrrl!

I took my first lesson in Hawaii this March and I was hooked from the minute I got up on the board. No, even before that - every time I tried to get up on the board and fell off into the warm welcoming ocean I wanted more.

Wanting to learn more led me to Uclulet this summer, a tiny surfing town about 20 minutes outside Tofino on Vancouver Island.

Thanks to my instructor Joel at Inner Rhythm www.innerrhythm.ca I learned how to catch my own wave and had an introductory lesson on understanding the mysteries of the ocean surf. This blog will be a record of my progress as I learn more about surfing, explore some cross-training options until the next time I get near the ocean (since I live in the Yukon) and investigate the heart of the ocean.

Until next time, surfergrrrrl signing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment